DRILL 11: Using the clutch to manoeuvre the motorbike – parking or walking U Turns
- With both feet on the ground use the clutch by hovering at and around the friction point. You are in fact using the clutch as a throttle
- Remember the friction point is the point between having no power and power.
- For a U turn, start turning the handlebars early and continue to turn handlebars through the turn.
- Check the camber/ slope of the road, be ready with fingers on the front brake to set up and squeeze the brake prior instead of a last minute grab of the front brake.
- It is essential that you turn your chin and look in the direction you want to go.