DRILL 9: Slow speed riding Fast Idle Friction Point &Rear Brake (FIFPRB) roundabout small
- Riding in 1st gear, prepare your speed prior with throttle control or set and squeeze just to the thick part of the front brake, indicate
- Engage the rear brake as you are
- Setting up the clutch to the friction point
- Fast idle - throttle up
- Turn your chin early in the direction you want to go, scan for vehicles approaching.
- Once clutch and throttle are in the right position, to vary speed: rear brake in millimetres or you may need to reset the clutch to regain the FIFPRB.
- Looking ahead, as you are exiting the roundabout, regulate throttle, release the clutch out and increase throttle, indicate off.